03 April 2010

Link-tastic! 3 April 2010

Where's the line between retro and costume? My thoughts on this are so complex and intricate that I think I'm going to devote an entire post to it at some point. Costume, and the distinction between it and clothing, is a subject dear to my heart.

Beautiful, drapey chain jewelry that challenges  notions of what parts of the body get jewelry. I love the harnesses that wrap across one shoulder or down an arm.

A couple of book recommendations: S. from academichic suggests Linda Grant's The Thoughtful Dresser, while Mrs. Lilien offers a biography of Vera, painter and textile designer.

What makes an item special enough to take home with you?

Samantha and Nixon Sixx highlighted a few elegant, Gothy Etsy favorites.

Have a great weekend, Fabulous Readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to reduce spam, so don't worry if they don't show up right away!